- As with any other online travel agency, the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel site is easy to use.
- You can book flights, hotels, rental cars, and more with points, cash, or a mix of the two.
- You may be eligible for enhanced redemption values or extra points when using certain Chase credit cards when booking via the site.
Similar to an online travel agency, the Chase travel portal allows users to search and book flights, accommodations, car rentals, cruises, excursions, and vacation rentals all in one place (OTA). You can book travel using your Chase Ultimate Rewards points or a mix of topics and cash if your card is from the bank.
One of the most versatile and profitable credit card reward systems, Chase Ultimate Rewards, may be even more rewarding depending on the number of Chase cards. If you have a Chase Freedom FlexSM or Chase Freedom Unlimited® card with no annual charge, your points are worth 1 cent toward travel booked via the site.
You may gain up to 50% more value for your points if you have a Chase travel credit card like the Chase Sapphire Reserve®, the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, or the Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card, which allows you to transfer your points to Chase airlines and hotels.
When you use your Chase credit card to make a paid reservation via the portal, some kinds of travel booked via the site are now eligible for attractive new bonus categories on the Chase Sapphire Reserve® and the Chase Sapphire Preferred® cards offered by Chase.
Find out how to get the most of your Chase Ultimate Rewards points when booking flights, hotels, and more via the Chase travel site.
That’s what I’m trying to say.
As with any other OTA (such as Travelocity or Priceline), you may do searches for hotels, flights, and other travel-related services using the Chase travel site.
The Chase travel service is only available to customers with a Chase credit card. The Chase travel portal can only be accessed via the Chase account administration website.
There are several advantages to utilizing the Chase travel portal.
When booking travel with Chase, you may utilize Ultimate Rewards points, pay with your credit card, or combine the two. One of the critical advantages of using Chase travel is that you don’t have to deal with a particular hotel or airline loyalty program when using the rewards points you earn.
The following are a few other advantages worth keeping in mind:
- You’ll still be able to rack up frequent flyer points and aspire to elite status: Because it’s a third-party booking, reserving a hotel via Chase travel won’t earn you any rewards points or select night credits. However, as long as your frequent flier number is tied to the reservation, you may collect airline and elite-qualifying points.
- With some Chase credit cards, your points are worth more: It’s also worth noting that when you redeem your points for travel with Chase, you may get more than the customary 1 cent per point. You may learn more about the cards that provide this benefit by reading on.
- Navigating the Chase travel website is simple: You don’t have to deal with a slew of hotel and airline award charts when arranging travel with Chase. You won’t have to worry about blackout dates or capacity limitations that you would typically find with loyalty programs while using your points.
- Bonus points may be earned for booking via the site with certain Chase credit cards, such as the following: If you utilize the gateway and pay with your Chase Sapphire Reserve®, you’ll get 10x points on hotel stays and car rentals and 5x points on flights beginning August 16, 2021. You’ll also earn 5x points on any travel booked with your Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card. If you have the Chase Freedom FlexSM or Chase Freedom Unlimited® card, you already get 5% cashback (5x points) on any travel purchases made via Chase.
Credit cards issued by Chase Ultimate Rewards earn points for every dollar spent.
You must have a Chase Ultimate Rewards-earning credit card to access the Chase travel site.
no-annual-fee Chase credit cards are now accepting new applications (points earned via the Chase travel site are worth one penny each):
- Freedom Unlimited® by Chase
- Freedom FlexSM from Chase Financial Services
- Credit card from Chase Freedom® for students
- A credit card that gives you access to Ink Business Unlimited®
- Card from Ink Business Cash®
Applicants for Chase travel rewards cards may now apply (points earned with these cards have a higher value and can be transferred to airline and hotel partners):
- Sapphire Reserve® from Chase
- Visa Signature® w/Sapphire Preferred
- Card from Ink Business Preferred®
If you have more than one, you may move your Ultimate Rewards points across your Chase cards. If you have a Chase Freedom Unlimited® and a Chase Sapphire Reserve®, it makes sense to transfer all of your Ultimate Rewards to the Sapphire Reserve account so that you may get the most value out of your points when redeeming via the Chase travel portal.
Using Chase travel to book a hotel
Booking a hotel via Chase is just as simple, and you’ll be able to choose from a wide range of possibilities. Rental condos and boutique hotels may be found alongside properties from well-known hotel chains.
Enter the location, dates, and number of guests you’ll be hosting into the hotel search box. Once you’ve narrowed down your selections, you may search for hotels by name, location, price, guest rating, property type, and other criteria.
Hotel points and elite night credits can’t be earned since it’s deemed a third-party booking when made via the Chase gateway. Another possibility is that you won’t get the benefits you’re used to, like complimentary breakfast or late checkout, since the hotel won’t recognize your elite membership. When reserving an independent hotel, this shouldn’t be a problem, but when you’re trying to rack up hotel points or status, it’s something to keep in mind.
You’ll be able to choose a hotel and room type from the properties you’re looking at. Alternatively, you may use your Chase credit card or points to pay for your booking.
Car rental via Chase travel: step-by-step instructions
A rental automobile may also be booked using the same procedure. Select “Cars” in your Chase Ultimate Rewards account and then enter your journey’s desired location and dates.
When the search results are shown, you may choose between several automobile kinds, such as a compact or a sport utility vehicle. You may also narrow down your search results depending on various criteria, like price range, number of passengers, rental vehicle business, and gearbox preference (manual vs. automatic).
On the first search page, tax and fees are not included. You don’t have to pay for them separately when you hire a vehicle. Paying for a rental car using your Chase credit card or points might also be an option.
How to use the Chase travel website to make activity reservations
You may also schedule a range of activities, which Chase refers to as “Things to Do,” via the site. Scuba and snorkeling excursions and visits to museums and historic sites are just some of the options available to Chase participants. However, their activities page allows you to reserve more valuable services, such as airport pickups and other modes of transportation.
Enter your intended travel dates and location to begin your activity search. Taxes and fees are included in the price you see in points and cash. Filtering possibilities is also possible depending on several criteria, such as the sort of activity you’re looking for or your preferences. Once again, you may use your points, your credit card, or a combination of the two to pay for activities.
What you need to know when booking a cruise with Chase travel
If you like taking cruises, you’ll be happy to hear that Chase travel offers cruises as an additional booking option. A selection of highlighted cruises and cruise discounts will appear when you pick “Cruises” at the top of the Chase Ultimate Rewards search page.
If you know where you want to go or the name of the cruise company, you may use those terms to find cruises. If you’d like to book a cruise using the portal, you must do so by calling Chase at the number on the gateway.
What is the Chase vacation rental booking process?
In addition, Chase provides a variety of holiday accommodations, such as luxury villas and vacation condominiums. On the top of the main page, choose “Vacation Rentals,” then input your desired location (days and number of guests) and the number of persons in your group.
Search results may be filtered by location, star ratings, price, guest rating, property type, and more after you begin your search. Taxes and fees are not included in the shown price, but they will be applied to your final bill after you decide, just as when booking a hotel via Chase.
A more extensive rental or an improved rental may cost more money in points than the amount listed in your search results.
You may pay with points, your Chase credit card, or a combination of the two when you book holiday rentals with Chase.
You may book luxury hotels and resorts using the Chase platform.
If you have the Chase Sapphire Reserve, it is possible to reserve hotels in the Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection if you have the Chase Sapphire Reserve®. You may book one of these more than 1,000 homes in advance and enjoy a variety of additional amenities, including:
- Breakfast for two daily.
- Up to $100 in additional savings
- a free wireless internet connection
- When there are room improvements available, you may take advantage of them.
- Arrive early and go late
It’s worth noting that you can’t use points to make a payment in this program. Instead, you’ll be paid for your stay when you check out of the hotel after reserving your room online.
For more options, you can check different types of loan from gadcapital.com to fund your travel expenses.
Transferring Chase points may be a better option.
Many people prefer to transfer points to Chase’s airline and hotel partners rather than book travel directly through the Chase portal. You’ll have to crunch the numbers to see if this will increase the value of each point you redeem.
The Bottom Line
It’s important to remember that no matter which Chase credit card you have, your reward points can be used in various ways. Chase points may be redeemed for statement credits, cashback, gift cards, or actual goods. A top Chase travel credit card offers a 1:1 point-to-to-cash exchange rate with Chase airline and lodging partners.
Booking travel via Chase may make things a lot simpler for those who dislike dealing with convoluted hotel and airline systems. Compared to using airline miles, you may not receive the same value from your points. Still, the Chase travel gateway allows you to book any ticket, regardless of blackout periods or other restrictions.
You can get even more from your credit card benefits with the Chase travel site. Before you purchase, weigh your alternatives carefully and make sure you’re getting the most bang for your buck.