As we enter the next phase of COVID-19 response and recovery, which may include future surges and new variants, we will continue to build on what we have learned over the past two years to meet the challenges. of COVID-19 awaiting us.
On February 28, the CDPH announced that California Masking Guide was OR will adjust as follows:
- As of 03/01 – General public areas – no longer mandatory for unvaccinated people, but highly recommended.
- After 11/3 – Indoors at K-12 schools and daycare centers – will no longer be needed.
Masks are still required in the following locations for ALL individuals, regardless of their vaccination status:
- Healthcare Parameters;
- Inside in emergency sheltersand cooling/heating centers;
- Long-term care facilities and care facilities for adults and the elderly;
- Homeless shelters;
- state and local correctional facilities and detention centers;
- At public transport (examples: planes, ships, ferries, trains, subways, buses, taxis and carpooling) and in transport hubs (examples: airport, bus terminal, marina, train station, seaport or other port, metro station or any other transport area).