Thiruvananthapuram: To combat the spread caused by Covid-19, the state will witness lockdown-like restrictions on Sunday. Authorities have ordered police to be more vigilant and arrest those who violate the restrictions. However, some concessions are available for essential services.
KSRTC informed that services will be provided to major roads including hospitals, railway stations and airports. In the meantime, restrictions will apply to other public and private vehicles.
Similar restrictions on closings will be imposed in the state on January 30. It should also be noted that the PSC exams scheduled for Sunday have been postponed to January 27 and 28.
Restrictions and Exemptions
- Shops selling medicine, fruit, milk, vegetables, groceries, fish and meat will operate from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Home delivery will be appreciated.
- Restaurants and bakeries (parcels only): 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- A maximum of 20 people are allowed in weddings and funerals
- Buses, trains and air services for long journeys are allowed. Just keep the ticket in hand.
- Travel to hospital and for vaccination purposes is permitted.
- Tourists are permitted to travel with hotel/resort vouchers.
- Passenger cars and pre-booked taxis are permitted.
- Media, government offices, private companies, workshops and media working on Sundays are allowed. Workers are allowed to come to the office with company ID cards.
- Those taking the exams must produce admission cards.
- Bars and liquor stores will not operate. Toddy stores will be open.