As Sri Lanka reopens its doors to the world, precautionary measures are being taken to make your stay on the island paradise safe and secure. Here are the travel requirements you should keep in mind when planning your trip to Sri Lanka in a post-COVID world.
Before arriving in Sri Lanka, all travelers should note the following:
- If passengers are fully immunized, they do not need to take an RT-PCR or Rapid Antigen test before traveling to Sri Lanka
- There are no minimum days required for a stay.
- No restrictive quarantine is required.
- Fully vaccinated travelers can now stay in any type of accommodation without an RT-PCR test
- Non-vaccinated travelers can stay in a “soft bio-bubble” with all the facilities of a hotel, for a period of 7 nights/8 days only.
- Children under 12 are exempt from RT-PCR or Rapid Antigen testing upon arrival.
- Travelers should ensure they have $12 COVID-19 insurance with one month coverage of $75,000
Traveling from India to Sri Lanka
Flights to Sri Lanka are available from almost all major cities in India. Airlines including Air India, Indigo, Spicejet, Vistara are now all operational.
Visas for Sri Lanka
Travelers planning a trip wishing to visit Sri Lanka can apply for a visa online here.