- The Trinamool Congress is actively trying to expand the party base across the country.
- Recently Mamata Banerjee in a meeting with Sharad Pawar said “there is no UPA”
- Banerjee, who met Pawar recently, dealt veiled blows to Congress leader Rahul Gandhi
The Union Health Ministry said on Thursday that two cases of the new variant of Covid-19 ‘Omicron’ had been detected in the country – both originating in Karnataka. Both patients are men, aged 66 and 46, with mild symptoms. No serious illness has yet been reported, Lav Agarwal, co-secretary of the Union’s health ministry, said at a press conference.
Meanwhile, Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya on Thursday held a meeting with health officials from airports and ports as well as other authorities on screening and surveillance at all points. Entered amid concerns over the new variant of the ‘Omicron’ coronavirus, official sources said. The Ministry of Health has advised states and Union territories to maintain strict vigilance and undertake surveillance of international passengers coming into the country through various airports. Amid growing concerns about the spread of the new variant, the central government had issued new guidelines for international passengers.
Omicron case in India | Guidelines for international passengers
- RT-PCR tests are mandatory for travelers arriving and transiting from “at risk” countries. The list of countries from which travelers should undergo additional measures upon arrival in India, including post-arrival testing, are those in Europe – including UK and South Africa, Brazil , Botswana, China, Mauritius, New Zealand, Zimbabwe, Singapore, Hong Kong and Israel.
- Testing of samples of international travelers arriving from “at risk” countries on the first day and from a specified passenger category on the eighth day should be carefully performed. States / TUs were urged to promptly send all positive samples for genome sequencing to INSACOG laboratories (mapped to states) and that States should initiate contact tracing of positive individuals and follow up for 14 days.
- Travelers must submit a self-report form on the Air Suvidha portal and upload a negative RT-PCR report, along with a declaration of authenticity of the report, and download the Aarogya Setu app.
- Randomly, 2% of passengers arriving from non-at-risk countries will also be tested for Covid-19. The same rules will apply to those arriving at seaports and land ports, the government said.
- If travelers test positive, they should be managed in separate isolation facilities and treated according to established standard protocol, including contact tracing, and contacts of these positive cases should be kept in institutional quarantine or at home monitored. strictly by the State concerned. government according to established protocol.
READ ALSO | Omicron could be 5 times more infectious, pending more data on transmissibility: Ministry of Health
Latest news from India